Rules & Regulations
During the Hanover Tomato Festival, we strive to provide event guests with a safe, comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. Event attendees and park patrons are expected to abide by the following park rules and event regulations. Those who witness other guests violating any policies should report to the nearest event staff or law enforcement officer.
By using park facilities, park patrons agree to hold Hanover County harmless for any and all injuries, damage and/or loss occurring their use of park facilities. Hanover County assumes no responsibility for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur during the park patron’s use of park facilities.
For your safety and overall park experience, the following activities are prohibited on park property, including the Hanover Tomato Festival event field and parking areas:
- The possession or use of alcoholic beverages
- The possession or use of illegal drugs and any illegal activity
- Use of profanity
- Use of glass containers
- Bringing animals that are not kept on a leash
- Metal detecting
- Any collection of fees outside of the assigned vendor booth
- Driving motorized vehicles or bicycles on turf/field areas or in other unauthorized areas
- The use of tents, except approved anchored vendor booth tents
- The use of blow-up slides/inflatable type activities
- Creating excessive amplified sound
- Rocket launching
- Hot air ballooning
- Flying of model or radio controlled airplanes
Vendor Guidelines & Regulations
Hanover County reserves the right to refuse the approval of a vendor application.
Vendors are responsible for leaving the park, including their vendor booth space and parking lot in the condition it was found, free of trash.
Vendor and Booth Expectations
Setup and Breakdown
- Vehicular access to the event field is limited to designated setup and breakdown times only.
- A maximum of 2 event field access passes per vendor space will be issued. Passes must be displayed to access the event field for unloading/loading and vendor parking areas.
- Additional vendor parking passes may be requested for vendor parking only and not event field access.
- Failure to display your parking pass will result in being directed to the general parking area.
- Breakdown may begin once the end is over and must be completed within 2 hours.
- Each vendor will be provided with a 15 x 15 vendor booth space.
- Tents must be securely weighted down, or you will be asked to remove them. Staking of tents is permitted.
- All tents, chairs, tables, and items for sale are the responsibility of the vendor.
- All tables must be skirted or draped.
- The appearance of the vendor booths will be subject to inspection by the event staff.
- All personnel, supplies, equipment signage and storage must remain within the vendor’s space, informational flyers and brochures must be distributed within the vendor’s space.
- All walkways must remain clear at all times.
- Security will be provided at the event and overnight, However, Hanover County assumes no responsibility for loss of product during the event and/or if the vendor chooses to leave their items set up overnight.
- Vendors must remain open during festival hours:
- Friday, July 15, 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Saturday, July 16, 9:00AM - 1:00PM
Food Sales & Samples
If you are a vendor selling food items and/or providing food samples, you must complete a Temporary Food Establishment Permit Application from the Hanover Health Department.
Rain or Shine - Refunds
The Hanover Tomato Festival is a rain or shine event. No refunds will be made in the event of rain. If weather is severe, Hanover County will make the decision whether or not to continue the scheduled events.
Written requests for refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis until July 1, 2022.
Festival Name & Logo Use
Vendors are prohibited from using the Hanover Tomato Festival name and logo.
Release & Hold Harmless Agreement
The Vendor hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and save harmless Hanover County and their employees and representatives from any and all claims of any nature for injury or loss that may result from participation or preparation for participation in the Hanover Tomato Festival!
The vendor hereby fully consents to allow Hanover County Parks and Recreation to use photographs taken during this event for publicity purposes.
The vendor fully consents to emergency medical care rendered by competent personnel or hospitals should such attention become necessary during an event.