What to Expect:
Delicious Hanover Tomato cuisine, over 150 artisan and local business vendors, Live musical entertainment, a MaterFUN play area for children featuring face painting, inflatables, rides and the Best Dressed Tomato Contest. This festival is a free outdoor, family and pet friendly event. Be sure to visit the Bow-Wow Beach pet cooling station if you decide to bring your pet to the event.
- This event venue is on athletic turf and covers a significant distance.
- Free shuttle/Tram service is available to and from the general parking areas and the event field.
- Be prepared for the forecasted weather conditions by staying hydrated before and during the festival with water, using sunscreen and wearing appropriate clothing and footwear.
- There will be mist/seated cooling stations on the event field.
- ATM's are located near the event entrance for your convenience. Vendors that accept Credit Cards will be noted on the vendor listing.
- Portable restrooms will be located throughout the festival.
Traffic and Parking:
Please remember that Pole Green Road is the only route to the park. At times, traffic may be heavy entering or exiting the park for the festival. Please be patient as event staff and the Hanover County Sheriff's Department work to keep you moving in an effective and safe manner.
- Handicap parking available - If you have a disabled parking placard, please have it hanging from your rear view mirror upon entering the park. This will ensure event staff can direct you to appropriate parking areas.
- General event parking is located in the back of the park. Free shuttles/Trams are available from these areas, which will take you to and from the event.
There are three (3) first aid stations on the event field. Please see the event map for their locations. In case of a medical emergency, please call 911.
The Hanover Tomato Festival strives to provide guests with a safe, comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. All event attendees and park patrons are to abide by the following park rules and event regulations. Those who witness other guests violating these policies should report to the nearest event staff person, volunteer or law enforcement officer.
The following are prohibited on Hanover County park property, including the event field and parking areas for the Hanover Tomato Festival:
Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs and illegal activities
Collection of fees outside of vendor booth
Driving motorized vehicles or bicycles on turf/field areas or in other unauthorized areas
Hot air ballooning
Flying model airplanes
The following are prohibited on the event field and parking areas for the Hanover Tomato Festival:
Distribution of flyers, promotional materials, and such are limited to within the assigned vendor booth space.
All staff and volunteers must remain within the approved vendor’s space.
Walkways must remain clear at all times.
All animals must remain on a leash.
Contact us if you have a question.