Roads and Transportation
All Hanover County public roads and bridges (outside of the Town of Ashland) are operated and maintained by the Virginia Department of Transportation. VDOT also maintains roadside ditches, performs snow removal functions and builds new roads with money allocated by the Commonwealth Transportation Board.
On VDOT’s Work Request page you can submit a request to have a road repaired, to remove something from a road, to have signs or traffic devices repaired, to request new signs or traffic devices, to submit a claim or to ask for more information. This page can also be used to submit snow plowing-related complaints.
Problems with VDOT roads can be reported to their Customer Service Center at 1-800-367-7623 around the clock. TTY users can call 711.
If you have a unique road or drainage problem or other questions and need help determining the appropriate agency contact, you can call the Hanover County Department of Public Works at 804-365-6181 and they will help you.
- Proposed Through Truck Restrictions Update - Sliding Hill Road Area Roads
- County Road Construction Projects
- Sliding Hill / New Ashcake Continuous T Road Improvements
- Sliding Hill Road Widening
- Sliding Hill Road Widening Amendment
- Pole Green Road Widening
- September 13, 2021 Citizen Information Meeting
- 30% Plan (9-2-21) (PDF)
- October 27, 2021 Citizen Information Meeting
- Route 360/Lee Davis Road Widening
- Cool Spring Elementary School Pedestrian Improvement Project
- Quarterly Road Project Status Report
- Richmond Region Projects (VDOT Listing)
- Richmond Regional TPO Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
- Secondary Six-Year Plan
- Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- VDOT Resurfacing and Pavement Information