Virginia Agricultural Cost-Share Program (VACS)
This program provides cost-share and technical assistance to landowners and agricultural operators who voluntarily install selected Best Management Practices (BMPs) such as stream exclusion fencing, rotational grazing systems, cover crops, and others.
Sign-ups for the 2021 VACS Program will be by appointment, July 13 - August 20, 2021. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact District conservation specialists, Kemper Marable, Kelsey Williams, or Marian Moody.
Virginia Conservation Assistance Program (VCAP)
This program provides cost-share and technical assistance to address natural resource and stormwater concerns by assisting in the voluntary installation of certain stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs) on land for which there is no other cost-share program assistance available. VCAP also aims to assist localities with the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) implementation and the challenges meeting the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) goals. For more information, contact District manager, Sharon Conner.
No-Till Drill Rental Program
The District currently has one Haybuster 10’ no-till drill available for rental and use within Hanover and Caroline counties. A new 7’ Great Plains no-till drill and a new 4’ Dew Drop drill will soon be available for rental, as well.
A deposit of $150 is required and covers the first ten acres. Additional acres are at $15 per acre. For more information, contact the district administrative professional, Kathy Shamblin or call 804-537-3009.
- Great Plans 706NT Drill Video - General info and walk around
- Great Plains 706NT Drill Video - Calibration (note: the drill shown in the video is a different number but the information is the same with the exception of revolutions needed for calibration for one acre, the revolutions needed for our drill are marked in black at the appropriate location on our drill) (16:45)
- Watch this short video about the Dew Drop Drill
- Great Plains No-till Drill Lease Agreement
- Setting Up the Haybuster 107C Haybuster Seed Drill (video)
- Haybuster No-till Drill Lease Agreement